Flipora’s recommendation engine recommends websites tailored to your interests (A Pandora for Websites). We help users discover the best of the Web on topics they care about. Flipora.com is a product of Infoaxe, Inc (we rebranded last year). Unfortunately (but predictably) with such fast growth, we have to deal with the issue of our user community quality & guidelines. This post is about our fight against spam on the Flipora network and how you can help us keep the Flipora community awesome, and free from Flipora spam.
Firstly, let’s talk quickly about the kind of spam/abuse we commonly encounter on Flipora and how you can avoid it.
What are the kinds of Flipora Spam?
- In Flipora, users follow topics and follow other users to keep track of the best of the Web. Just like with Twitter and Facebook’s fan pages, users have an incentive to accumulate a large audience of followers since that means their url submissions and “likes” reach a large audience. Most of the times, users accumulate a large following through legitimate means, for eg. with the quality of the recommendations they like and with the quality of their url submissions. Users choose to follow other users who contribute and promote great content on a topic. However, as with any social/interest network our size, there are a few users who do try to spam/game the system. They do this by sending mass invites to obtain followers, resulting in Flipora Spam
- Another situation that arises is when a user sends a request to follow someone who does not reciprocate the friend sentiment. Am sure we have all encountered this on Facebook and Twitter- this results in spam, and a lot of inconvenience. We know this can be annoying at times and want to help users avoid such sorts of Flipora spam.
What does Flipora do about this?
- We immediately ban and suspend the accounts of users, engaging in abuse of any nature, or creating Flipora spam. You can also report these users to us at email@example.com to put an end to Flipora spam.
- We make it very easy for users to unsubscribe from all emails with one click. Please see section below that highlights the unsubscribe link in the body of the email. We suggest reporting the offending user ( the one who creates Flipora spam) to us rather than unsubscribing so you don’t miss out on great recommendations from Flipora and your friends, just because of unintentional spam.
How to unsubscribe from all emails with one click:
- Just click on the unsubscribe link that’s present at the bottom of every Flipora email as show in the picture below.
- For another way to unsubscribe from emails, use this link and enter your email:
If for any reason, you wish to cancel your Flipora account (this also unsubscribes you from all email and deletes your data on our servers),
1. Please login to Flipora first at http://www.flipora.com
(we need to have you login, to ensure an account can be deleted only by the account’s owner)
2. Once logged in, visit http://login.flipora.com/cancelAccount.jsp
Canceling your account will delete your data and you will not be able to log in with that account anymore. You will no longer receive any emails from Flipora. This will also cancel any outgoing invites you have sent .
How to uninstall the Flipora browser extension/addon
To uninstall the Flipora browser extension/addon:
Uninstalling the Flipora add-on from your browser is extremely easy.
Go to menu Tools >> Add-ons, select “Extensions” tab and click “Remove” button for “Flipora – Connect with friends and discover the best of the Web”. Restart your browser.
Go to Start >> Control Panel >> “Programs and Features” (or “Add or Remove Programs”) and uninstall “Discovery Tools” and “Search Settings” programs.
Go to menu Tools >> Extensions and click “Remove from Chrome” trash can icon for “Flipora” extension.
Mac OS users: go to menu Chrome >> Preferences and select “Extensions” tab. Click “Remove from Chrome” trash can icon for “Flipora”.
Go to menu Safari >> Preferences and select “Extensions” tab. Remove “Flipora” extension and restart your browser
Closing notes on Flipora spam:
- If you have any questions or need help regarding Flipora spam, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will assist you with canceling your account or answering any questions about how to use the product..
- Flipora DOES NOT sell user info (email addresses, browsing history) to any third parties. All the information collected is private and not shared with anyone. It’s collected to make the product better. The web history helps personalize website recommendations. The email address is used to notify users when they get followed on Flipora, when one of the users they follow shares something with them etc. If you don’t feel comfortable with your web browsing history being used by Flipora to make your recommendations better, then skip the download step for the Flipora add-on and enjoy using Flipora via the web bar..You can even use Flipora without creating an account, thus reducing the chances of so-called Flipora spam.
- If this is something that is not acceptable for you, please follow the instructions above to cancel your account or email email@example.com and someone will help you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional comments, concerns, or questions regarding Flipora spam.
table for you, please follow the instructions above to cancel your account or email email@example.com and someone will help you.